Complete Crayfish Dissection with Tools
Enclosed in a bag with a non-toxic holding solution. (Not Formaldehyde).
The specimens are originally preserved in formaldehyde, then rinsed and stored in Nebanol. This is a non-toxic storage solution. It is safe to dispose of the specimens in your normal household/business trash disposal
1. Fluid in the bag is normal and OK.
2. Store at room temperature in the original sealed bag for 6- 9 months.
3. Do not store with food items!
4. Do not add water to the specimen bag, it will cloud the solution and allow bacteria growth.
5. You can use Isopropyl alcohol if you need a rewetting solution or short term storage solution.
6. Always wear appropriate safety glasses and disposable gloves while handling the specimens.
7. Open the bag when you are prepared to complete the dissection.
8. If your dissection will take several days, we recommend covering and sealing the specimen with plastic wrap or a plastic zip-top bag between sessions to preserve the moisture. (Use 70% Isopropyl Alcohol if needed to prevent drying out)
9. After the dissection, dispose of the specimen, fluid and any disposable items in your normal trash disposal.
10. Wash any non-disposable items with hot soapy water and dry before storing.
11. Disinfect the work station with hot soapy water or disinfectant spray.