See the Hardness Testing DEMONSTRATION VIDEO here.
This kit is designed as a hands on mineral study.
What is the Mineral Properties kit?
The lessons are centered around stations.
1. The first week (21) you set up learning stations for Luster, Transparency, and Habit. The students rotate in pairs through the stations to touch, investigate and learn as they identify minerals. They will enter the information on the Student ID sheet.
2. The second week (22) you set up learning stations for Hardness and Streak. Some of the minerals are utilized in both weeks. Students rotate in pairs through the stations. They will conduct the mineral tests necessary to identify Hardness levels according to the MOHS scale and determine the streak of minerals. The students enter the information on the Student ID sheet.
* Mineral Identification Student Sheet and Teacher Key PDF's
This is always a fun and exciting class that the students remember!
* Click Here if you only need The Minerals.
* Click Here for Extra Testing Supply Packs. (one set for each additional class using the kit).
* Click Here if you only need one Extra Student Testing Pack. (One streak tile, glass tile, and nail)