* Click here to see The Rock Cycle Kit demonstration video.
* Click here to see The Mineral Properties and Testing Kit demonstration video.
See a Streak Testing DEMONSTRATION VIDEO here.
See a Hardness Testing DEMONSTRATION VIDEO here.
This kit is designed as a hands on rock and mineral study.
What is the Mineral Properties kit? It is the Mineral Study included in this pack.
Week 21-22 lessons are centered around mineral stations. Includes everything you need!
1. The first week (21) you set up learning stations for Luster, Transparency, and Habit. The students rotate in pairs through the stations to touch, investigate and learn as they identify minerals. They will enter the information on the Student ID sheet.
2. The second week (22) you set up learning stations for Hardness and Streak. Some of the minerals are utilized in both weeks. Students rotate in pairs through the stations. They will conduct the mineral tests necessary to identify Hardness levels according to the MOHS scale and determine the streak of minerals. The students enter the information on the Student ID sheet.
Week 23 teaches about The Rock Cycle.
Rock Specimens (1.5"+) - 9 Rock Specimens+ 1 processed rock
* Mineral Identification Student Sheet and Teacher Key PDF's
* Rock Identification Student Sheet and Teacher Key PDF's
* Rock Cycle Visual Aid Worksheet PDF
This is always a fun and exciting class that the students remember!